Ondura roof panels

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

curlylocks

Has anyone installed these panels on their roof? and if so did u like the results?

p.s. my roof is flat and then i have a stick built addition to my livingroom that has a midly pitched roof... I am having a problem with leaking where the mobile home meets the addition the former owner just cut a large section out of the mobile home to add the built on room.
Yanita

Hi Curlylocks,

Do you have a link to this?

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

Here is a link

http://www.ondura.com/index.htm

Looked all through the site and was not able to see what the stuff is actually made or. With the recycled materials icon, it makes me think some type of plastic or composite.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Yanita

Hi,

It looks identical to the stuff you can buy at Lowe's. We used some for a porch roof, but not something I would want on my house roof. It got real brittle after 3 years in the hot N.Carolina sun.

If you are looking to redo your roof then get Mark's Manuel and consider the metal roof over that is advertised in there. Complete installation instructions are there as well.

Have a great day!

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Maureen

Hi Curlylocks,

I have to agree with JD and Yanita here. You want your roof to last a really long time!

We had ours done years ago in a metal metal roof over.

JD has excellent photos of this type of roof on his website. Mark also has an article of it done as a DIY project.

Ours has been on the house for almost 9 years now. Well worth the money!

Maureen 8)