need help 69 hilton

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mbnlp69hilton

right now we are renting what they call a 3 bd first room split in two lol
we pay 620. a month for a 69Hilton what a joke lol anyways i looked under this place and found that all the installation on one side is hanging bad has to be replaced what type do i use and is the wood used something special
Greg

My first question is, since you are renting, why are you fixing it? That said, do you have a plastic - cloth type or a fiber board? Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mbnlp69hilton

Greg wrote:My first question is, since you are renting, why are you fixing it? That said, do you have a plastic - cloth type or a fiber board? Greg
Well because the owner won't do it slumloard., and it all fiber board
Greg

That is called Buffalo board, I have heard that Home Depot & Lowes may have it. If you can get the insulation up into place you can also use Tyvek and stapel that up also. Greg
mbnlp69hilton

Greg wrote:That is called Buffalo board, I have heard that Home Depot & Lowes may have it. If you can get the insulation up into place you can also use Tyvek and stapel that up also. Greg
thanks Greg for you help now i have something . we moved in here 2 months ago and from what i found out the the pipe broke in the bathroom over the winter and flooded the master bed room the floor got so wet (we didn't know) that our wheel for our bed went through the floor when they came to fix it all they did was lay a new sub floor and didn't fix the floor under it will this cause any problems down the road ?? thanks again for your help Greg
Greg

If they just layed new wood over the old with out removing the damaged wood, than I would say the odds of more problems are fairly good.
First you have wood that is crumbling supporting what they just put down . Second you have the possibility of a mold problem if the wood was not compleatly dry.
Just my opinion here but I think I would keep my eyes out for something better, the owner sounds to me like someone that just wants to take your rent money each month.
I would think for that kind of money you could find a nice rent to own. Greg