roof refinishing

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

red rider

Hi everyone, great forum. We want to use the sheets of metal roofing to redo the roof on our HM in the way that is outlined in the manual. Everyone we talk to about this feels that the metal roofing doesn't have enough flex to make the curve of the roof.Has anyone done this repair or have any thoughts on it?the home is 14x64. Thanks, Steve.
Greg

Hi & welcome. A lot will have to do with how big the crown of your roof is. If it is too much you may have to do with two sections and a ridge cap to give it more of a peak.
I'm sure JD "the roof guy" will be along to add to this. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

Hi Steve,

In the image below, I think the Flex-rib style would be an excellent choice. Not sure about the other two. I install a roof with a standing seam, which has no problem on curved roofs. But it is has a different design. The one in the pic below looks like it might not do as much curve.

JMO
JD

And Greg. I spend more of my time in remodels, siding and decks. But thanks for the confidence.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
red rider

Thanks for the help guys,will let you know how it goes,steve.
geraldk

ive just done my roof usingflex rib pictured to the right in JD's picture follwed the curve of my roof no problem.
build yourself some soffit and fasia before you do the roof and it will help save the water from running down the side of your home,and it will also give you a chance to put up real rain gutters
im not a dr. but ill take a look