Just wanted to UPDATE Ya'll

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

RICKD

Its been a while since I posted on here. New forum is nice (I pop in from time to time just reading to keep up) Since my last visit I sold my '99 Redmon Double wide (1450sq/ft )and property it was on (.56 acre) I bought a Repo Palm Harbor Triple wide its a Hacienda II Series approx 2500 sq/ft. The home is an 06' model and sold for 167,000 dollars new. we got it for almost 1/2 off! they set it up on the 20 acres we bought. they did an awesome job setting it up and finishing it (drywall, doors,molding,ect) they included all new stainless appliances. the wet areas (kitchen,baths,ect) are ceramic tile and the living room and bedrooms had carpet which I had them remove BEFORE delivery and I installed bamboo flooring. the kitchen and bath counters are all solid surface with tile back splash. the plumbing fixtures are brass/metal construction with a PEX manifold . 100% Plywood wrapped exterior walls with full 8' end-walls with a trey 12' ceiling in the living room real 1/2 drywall walls (yeah NO strips!). so many of the upgrades + more I did in the old house is STANDARD in this home I'm VERY impressed with the quality of these homes. THE ONLY dislike I have is the Vinyl siding but since its a repo I didn't have a choice BUT I'm planning on replacing the vinyl with hardi board 8" lap. the eaves/soffit is already hardi board. Been working my property, fencing and clearing,ect so I plan on doing some small projects to the house soon! ALL This and I'm building my Mother in law a Barn on the backside of my property its a 1200sq/ft pole barn with 6 stalls and she will live upstairs. we will have about a 4 acre pond that will be between us...the barn is about 90% complete as I'm putting down floors and molding and look to have her moved in by april... This area is still recovering from Katrina but its 99% back to normal around here! I plan on sending in some pictures of the new place and being more active here on the forum.. oh the house on Palm harbors web site is VERY similar to mine except its an 07' model which has hardiboard siding standard . here's a link http://www.palmharbor.com/our-homes/flo ... II-X464T5/
Last edited by RICKD on Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert

Hey Rick,

Welcome back, great to hear from ya and can't wait to see pics.

I tell ya what, I get tired just reading your posts with all that you do, but the end result pics are worth every second of it.

Glad all is going good down your way and congrats on new home and land.

Is it in same area or further back from coast ?

Look forward to more posts from you in future, the newbies will be in awe of the skills you have been blessed with.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
RICKD

Robert,
Thanks for the welcome back...The land we bought is about 20 miles North of the old house (Biloxi). Its in the adjacent county north Out of the city limits!!!were between 2 towns (biloxi and wiggins) and both are about 20-25 minutes away. I'm still at the Air Base so the drive is 30 min instead of 10 min. I ENJOY the drive! Taxes on the 20 Acres and house (Attached to legal decription for HOMESTEAD credit) Is HALF what I was paying on the coast! Plus Palm harbor writes their on insurance and I'm FULLY covered for 960.00 a year which is DIRT cheap compared to MOST!~ my parents stick built which they have nearly the same limits of coverage went from 680.00 year PRior to Katrina to over 1900.00 a year! Its a blessing to have your mortgage co. and insurance co. the same. Robert I need to get your advice on the A/C unit Palm Harbor put in this home. Even though the house was a repo and the unit was only used a few months by the previous owner they put A brand new Inside and outside unit in after the home was set up which was icing on the cake but I'm not too happy with my power bill... I do relize I almost doubled my Square footage but ???I'm always looking to pench a penny I already put all compact flourescents in....I will Create a post soon in the HVAC section giving you the details..Thanks again!
Yanita

Rick..Is that really you!!! Welcome back!

I remember you posting a long while back about selling the other home and getting this new one. I figured you had been doing alot of work. Was not sure if you were still working on your folks home as well.

I followed the link to Palm Harbor, all I can say is WOW! Certainly does not look like any mobile/manufactured home that I have been into.

As Robert said, can't wait to see the pics! LOL, have you built a wrap around deck on this home too?

Let us know about those ceramic tiles and how they hold up. I do see where alot of the newer homes are coming thru with tiles. Give us your opinion.

Really glad to hear from you. Hope all is well with you, wife and kids!

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
RICKD

Yanita,
glad you are still helping out here! I've missed yall and I'm still busier than a 1-eyed cat trying to watch 2-rat holes :D Yanita the tile/grout in this home is must be bullet proof! I'm not sure what kind of mastic or grout they use cause it was already installed (repo.) heres the AWESOME part the home was move 2 times in 8 months (repo and us buying it so redeliver and set up) I got on my hands and knees and not 1 TILE or 1 GROUT line was or has yet to crack! Even more is the tile is straight on the plywood NO Backer board the walk in shower is tile, the jacuuzzi tub deck is tile and not 1 tile or one grout line is cracked! Even me with my structurial background cant figure it out...again I'm VERY impressed with the construction, setup and warranty (I hope I wont need) Take care
Last edited by RICKD on Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg

Rick, with all the upgrades in the new place, you would think you had done work on a mobile before and knew what to look for.
Welcome back!! Just one thing, you are keeping your mother in law in the BARN????
Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Robert

Hi whty03,

Please start a new thread with your questions to not confuse anyone or get overlooked by posting in this one.

I am going to delete the posts from here and you can continue in the new thread.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Harry

Hi RICKD

Palm Harbor has a good name around here. Sounds like a great deal.

Sure would like to see some photos also. Especially the pole barn. I want to do something like that.

Good Luck

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
RICKD

HI ALL,
Thanks for the interest. I have linked a couple of pictures I have alot more I will send when things get slow for me. First two pictures are of the barn I'm building form my mother in law. last two is of the new house looking out the living/dinning room window at the moon and an exterior view. these are about 8 months old so I'll update more. thanks

[img]
RICKD