New type of sheetrock

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Greg

I was just looking through the Lowes flier in the paper and found "DensArmor plus" interior wallboard by Georgia Pacific. It is on the order of sheetrok but it uses fiberglass in both the face (instead of paper) and it is added to the core with the gypsum. Claims to be better fire rated and Moisture & mold resistant. $13. a sheet, on par with greenboard. May be worh checking if you have any bathroom projects. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Hi Greg

I went out to gp.com and read up on it. Suppose to be really good for moisture prone ceilings too. Thanks.
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Maureen

Hi Greg,

Yeah, I've heard about it also! Haven't heard anyone that's used it yet. It's one of those things that only time will tell.

But yeah, it's suppose to reduce water damage and mold.

Maureen 8)
Jim from Canada

As long as it says on it that it is mold resistant. If it does not have that rating I would not use it in a bathroom.

Jim

I have used this in my basement and bathroom in my stick built house. It has only been there for 3 years and I have had no problems with it. But like some oneelse has said only time will tell
HouseMedic

Only used it once so far. Seems a little heaver then regular drywall. I think its more dense. The big box stores around hear are not even stocking green board anymore. They all have this new stuff. It paints up real well and cuts about the same as green board with scribe and snap.

Ron