Possible to "dress up" the "mighty missle&quo

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Hey all, I am ready to purchase a new doublewide/modular, and figured I would come to ya'll about a question thats been bothering me. The model we selected has a fireplace in the front living room, and Im a bit worried what that giant "mighty metal missle" of a 'chimney' is going to look like protruding from the roof. I think these types of chimneys are VERY unsightly, so is there a way to cover them up, even partially? Can I build an enclosure around it, like in stick-built homes?
Thanks,
CHris
Greg

I would say that yes it is possible to dress it up, but I would also caution and remind you about the dangers of fires. I would talk to a few places that sell fireplaces, or woodstoves and ask for their ideas. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Maureen

Hi There!

I also have to advise you of the weight issues concerning our homes. Our homes are set up much different from stick builts. Adding any weight to the roof of our homes can cause damage down the road!

If you're buying a brand new home, make sure that it won't void the warranty for the roof, or the home also.

Maureen 8)