shower nozzle problem

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

randy

hi, new mobile home owner here. actually its 16 yrs old but new to me.
anyway, the shower head fell off and the pipe coming from the wall is smooth, it has no threads. the shower head is threaded and was glued on. my question is... is there a shower head that attaches to a smooth pipe. I've looked around and everything is threaded. any help will be appreciated.
brucetrout

Unfortunately you will probally have to shut your water off, disconnect the present shower spout, and install a new threaded one. Sounds like someone bubba rigged it before. I personally in my years of haunting hardware stores have never seen anything that will go onto an unthreaded pipe.
Good luck
Brucetrout
Archie

I have also never seen one that attaches with out threads. You may get lucky though and be able to remove the plate that covers the hole and unscrew the pipe without having to remove a wall panel to get at it. Put some Teflon tape on new pipe and reinstall.
Check for leaks then add new head.

Of course shut water off first.
Maureen

Hi Randy,

Wow, bubba's never fail to surprise me! Like Bruce and Archie mentioned, I've never seen a glued on shower head! It should be treaded!

If you're new to this home, I'd really be checking other water connections right now! Water is our home's worst enemy!

Maureen 8)