no water pressure

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

lv2cmp

Help! I have water pressure everywhere except in my kitchen. I had it last night then woke up this morning to no pressure there. I checked for a leak but other than that I was clueless. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Mark
Site Admin

If you could complete your profile and answer the questions about your home, that info will probably about tell us much of what we need to know to answer your question (like type of waterline, year of home, etc etc).

To complete those questions, click on 'My Profile Space' at the top. Then click on 'Edit MPS Profile.' Press submit at the bottom.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Greg

Are you saying NO water at all, or only hot or cold? Check the screen on the faucet, it could be pluged. they just unscrew. Greg
lv2cmp

ok filled out profile. its a 96 single wide. pex pipe on the inside and I have 1 inch schedule 40 running from meter to home. No problems at all until yesterday morning and only had a small trickle. Yesterday afternoon I checked and no water would come out although you can turn water on and the sprayer does work but not the faucet. Is their screens on the end of the pipe before it attaches to the faucet or just the screen at opening of faucet?
Greg

If the sprayer is working properly, try unscrewing the screen on the end of the faucet. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Mickey

I have the same problem in my home. Bathrooms in the back of the house are fine but the kitchen has very little pressure. We bought a new spigot so it's not the screen since it did it from day one. Bought the house new with no pressure in the kitchen faucet.
Greg

Mickey, Both Hot & cold? What type of pipe do you have going to the kitchen? If it is galvanized, there may be corrosion or lime buildup somewhere. if it is plastic there may be a crimp in the line. Unfortunately it will take some work on your part to find the problem. A while back we had one member that found a marble in the pipe, so ANYTHING is possible. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi Mickey,

Welcome to the site.

It is our oversight to not have gotten the posting instructions put into place yet, this is a very new site....

But, just wanted to let you know that when posting a question similar or exactly like the one asked please post in your own thread. The reason for this as the original poster may have different questions than you, answering 2 questions from 2 different people can get confusing quickly.

Thanks for understanding and look forward to your future contributions!

~Yanita~ :D
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Mickey

Thanks for the welcome Yanita, this new forum is a whole lot nicer than the old one. Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the posting rules. I really wasn't asking a question though, just making a comment I thought was relevant to the original question by lv2cmp, sorry.

Greg, no it's just the cold water. As far as I know all our pipes are pvc (or whatever) plastic.
Maureen

Hi Mickey,

I totally understand the confusion! Most boards keep all info in one thread. Here on the repair forum, we've found that different posts makes sure that everyone's problem is taken care of, similar or not. Over the years, one thing that we have discovered about our homes, is that they are all different! One fix doesn't cover everyone!

What color are your pipes? You should see the stamped type of pipe on some area. It's a pretty big deal. Some old types of plastic pipe has been known to fail. Words fail me right now, should be on the tip of my tongue, but I can't remember the type of pipe. If it's just the cold water, you might want to go down under and check for leaks!

Maureen 8)
Robert

If you have shut-offs, check those for blockage.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?