Lotta work to do

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

77shovelhead

I have an 87 model sw, approx. 13'x80' in NE Ark. that needs work. No insulation or belly pan, lots of runoff water getting under the skirting, mice have chewed on the romex wire, the vents and duct are loose, needs to be leveled, the floor under one toilet is rotten and the shower head nipple in the other bath had been leaking.

Next time I’m at the farm I’ll get more accutate info and add it to my profile. I will also repost questions in separate topics.
I am working on a plan of attack for now. 1- I want to stop the runoff from getting beneath the trailer. 2- Get the skirting and vapor barrier out so to get the ground dried up. 3- Detach the front and rear porch so I can get the trailer ready to level. 4-Repair the wiring. 5- Level the trailer. 6- Repair the rotten floor (about 4’x4’ under the toilet and about 4’x4’ under the shower). 7- Repair the heater duct. 8- Replace the vapor barrier, insulation, belly pan and skirt.

My question for now is would this be the proper order to follow?

Forgot to mention, I like the new forum.
Mark
Site Admin

You seem to have the right order, although I'd maybe level the trailer and repair the wiring after that (although it doesn't really matter).

Also, get plenty of before-pics next time your at the farm. Post them into your personal photo album (or in this forum, or in the public album -- lots of choices! LOL). Then add the after pics as you get done!

Otherwise your on the right track. As you tackle each item, just make a separate topic and we'll help you along the way!

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Yanita

Hi,

I think you have the right order. If you have that much water going under your home , you definetly want/need it to dry up before the relevel.

We all have varying opinions about what is alot of water/moisture, so when you remove the moisture barrior make sure that the belly is protected from evaporation and there is alot of ventilation.

Sounds like you are on the right track. Oh, have you purchased Mark's manuel yet. If not now would be a great time to do so. Will answer alot of questions on your repairs before you get started, as well as info on releveling.

Have a great day,

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!