Unknown mold odor in master bath

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

archive

Hi,
I agree that after spraying the mold with a bleach solution it is good to follow through with a cleaning with soap and water. But since you are unable to reach the area then I would think spraying with bleach will help with eliminating some of the mold. With your health conditions some preventive measures are better than none.

A fan circulating air in a moist area will also help in drying the area. The more air circulation the less mildew. A warm moist environment is more apt to get moldy then a cool area.

As for a plumber in your area, about all that I can suggest is sit with your phone book and call every plumber in the book and ask them if they are knowledgeable with MH plumbing, if not ask for a referral. Have you tried calling local MH parks/communities to see if they have any one they might recommend? Finding a plumber or handyman period is really hard to do nationwide. You do have what is called a subfloor...finish floor is vinyl, carpet or tile, your subfloor is the wood that is installed over the floor joist, this is either, plywood, OSB or particle board, I believe you said yours was NUCOR.

~Yanita~