making progress on skirting insulation and access door

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Busybee1952

I'm sure there will be lots of folks who will see mistakes here but it's the best I can do all by myself. I'm getting the foam board up that goes behind the metal skirting and am building a HUGE access door per the instructions in Mark's manual. All I had was some scrap wood but it seems to be coming along okay.

This last picture is the access opening. I hauled 2 huge pieces of board in there so that when you go in the door, you don't have a drop off. (I know, I have to take the heat tape off the pex too) LOL
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity ..... Nair, Keshavan
JD
Site Admin

Hi Pat,

I think you've done good! Once you get your skirting on there and it all withstands a storm, what more can you ask for? That should help you out a lot this winter.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
klm9707

Well it looks good to me and you also get an A+ for the effort! :)
Yanita

Good job BusyBee!

I am a fan of recycling, so in my book you did good! Hopefully all your hard efforts will be rewarded this winter...no freeze ups and less to heat the home! :D

Good job!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

Busybee, If someone wants to find faults in your work, do like I do, make it easy so they dont waste too much time! Looks good to me, and even better from MY house! Good job!! Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Busybee1952

Thanks everyone. Your encouragement is priceless to me! I guess one of the bad things about living out in the middle of nowhere with no one I know close at hand, it's kind of hard to get opinions or instructions or have any kind of feedback. I ask the dog all the time but she just gives me this look and runs off with my sack of screws whenever she gets the chance. Now, if I could just get her to bring them to me when they're way over there, I'm lying on my back holding something up with one hand with the screw gun in the other hand!
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity ..... Nair, Keshavan
Mark
Site Admin

Wow, even painted the frame on the access door.

If you put a screen in the access door, I would make it using an aluminum frame instead of a wood one. Since I wrote that information in my book, inexpensive screen kits have become available generally wherever you can by screen. For future screens, I'd skip the wood frame and use everything from the screen kit.

Soon I'll post info on building a new window screen. I've got all the pictures and everything done, just need to put it all together.

Good job so far!

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Jim from Canada

Looks good! If anyone complains that it doesn't, tell them to feel free to pitch in with any improvements! lol

Jim