Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Zurn Pex

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

HouseMedic

I just found this out. http://www.zurnclassaction.com/

I was just getting ready to re-plumb my place with this stuff. I don't know what to use now.

Ron
JD
Site Admin

A month ago I would have had a hard time seeing where a failure could occur. But just recently I bought one of those $17 brass garden hose splitters that goes to two hoses with the individual shut offs. This things looks brand new, but needs to go back to the store. One day I noticed a tiny stream of water shooting out the side of it. I looked it over real good and it is coming right through the brass. Within a few days, there are about a dozen tiny steams coming out, all in a curved line in the brass. We use Hydro-Pex fittings. I think we are alright since we have some older installs and have never had a leak. I certainly hope so anyways. We have a lot of total replumbs out there.

I am not too crazy about how the Class Action web site blurred out a lot of the letter's contents. You would think the whole letters would be relevant.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Harry

Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
altasnowman

Guess i better get out the copper tools again. LOL Sounds like 6 of 1 1/2 dozen of another which way to go when plumbing. maybe old school way is still the best way.
The dirtyist word in the dictionary CANCER....it takes many too soon and leaves nothing but anger and pain. We all mourn the loss of those that have succummed to this......