Why cant these idiots shut off the water?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

archive

Just bought my second MH and sure enough same as the first one I turn on the water and the main supply has a leak where it had frozen. Fix that turn it back on and the bathroom sink has a hole where it froze. Fix that and the kitchen has the same thing. Its ridiculous that people turn off the electric and leave the water on so the pipes freeze. OK im done ranting.
archive

Ouch. What a way to start out. The least that I can do is give you a Merry Christmas.
archive

The park I live in ownes 99% of the vacant homes in our park. During the summer they open them up to get people to come and look at them. Well they must have forgotten to turn off the water on about 5 homes because I have seen the with the streets flooded because of broken pipes.
archive

You have to consider the mentality of some of those people. Many are being evicted or homes foreclosed or repoed, with that happening what do they care? Any time you buy a "preowned" home you have to do a complete inspection before you buy. Greg
archive

I expect problems.. I buy the things dirt cheap because of the problems then fix em up and sell them. Just ticks me off that they leave the water on so I have to chase down leaks all day before starting on the rest of the repairs.
archive

Hi,

Do not intend to rub salt into an open wound...but, this is why we repeatedly tell folks to throughly inspect what they are buying. You can do your own inspection and then hire and follow around a inspector.

Have a great day,

~Yanita~
archive

Hi Kavey

No frozen pipes here but one year my well pump froze and split open. Since then I wrap it with an old army blanket the 3-4 times a year when it freezes.

Harry
archive

What state is that? No frozen pipes is tempting enough to move ;)
archive

Nevermind.. guess they put this nifty profile thing in so we dont have to ask stupid questions huh?