foil barrier insulation asking JD the roof man

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

tnt136913

has any one used the foil bubble insulation on a roof job. it says it has a r 16 value, here is the websight www.foilbarrier.com
altasnowman

Hi, have not used it on a roof but used it in my trucks as we get extreme cold up in northern Canada. while most trucks and sleepers were insulated i found after using this type of product that truck was as much as 40 degrees warmer and that i was turning the heat down in the truck.
The dirtyist word in the dictionary CANCER....it takes many too soon and leaves nothing but anger and pain. We all mourn the loss of those that have succummed to this......
JD
Site Admin

roof man? I do a lot more floors than roofs. But thanks for the compliment.

I have not used the foil, but I have seen it many times. I even got to talk to the factory reps at the LA Home Show. It almost looks like smoke and mirrors, but being able to see the demonstrations and then put my hands on the props made me a believer. I think the biggest problem in me being able to use the stuff for the repair business is the cost. When doing mobile home repair, mostly in mobile home parks, I really can't get the chance to pitch it. I would not need it for roofs. My roof product does an excellent job against radiant heat. There really aren't enough siding jobs for me to try to incorporate it either.

But on some roofs, I could see this product being very beneficial. Here in my area, full or 3/4 length awnings on both sides is the norm. These awnings do an excellent job of keeping homes cooler in the Central Valley. I bet we were at 104 degrees today and the sun was like a ray gun.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.