installing wired speakers for surround, questions?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

FL happy camper

Hi,

we are closing on a 2004 double wide home very soon and I have not been able to find out who the manufacturer is for this home, when I do I will update. What I am curious about is how I am going to wire my surround speakers up. If I make an attic opening in a closet will I be able to move around safely like in a house? Do I need to fish the wire up from underneath? Hopefully someone will have some ideas on how to best do this.

Thanks,

Scott
Greg

There is no attic in a manufactured home, All you will find usually is blown in insulation that makes a mess when you open up the ceiling. I would go for a wireless system to make things easier.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
FL happy camper

I own a wired surround sound system and I really don't want to buy another. Surely if you make an opening there must be some space between the ceiling and the roof??
Mark440

Are your rear speakers wall mount?

I ran my wires down, then across to the outer wall, up through the floor.....and then up the wall to each speaker. I did put the wire in copper tubing so that it is hidden and the end result is a kinda modern looking wire hide.

The bottom line: there are no good or easy choices.

If you have carpet and baseboards...you might be able to conceal the wires under the baseboard.
Opportunity has a shelf life.
Norm Frechette

no opening ceilings, walls etc

use wire tracks to hide the wires. can be painted to match your wall color

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Legrand-Wir ... /202264878
FL happy camper

Thanks for the tip, I thought about that and I am going to look into it once we move in.