Wheres a good place to order windows from?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

spazatac

Hello folks..

I need to slowly start replacing windows in my 16x80. Looks like they built openings between 16 on center studs meaning 46 1/2 wide and 30 1/2.

Anyway. Does anyone have a recommendation for a outfit that sells windows to fit the original rough openings?

Thanks
Greg

You can order any sized window, It will be a special order window so it will take some time. Check with any lumber yard or big box store.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
spazatac

Thanks..

Any opinions on Alside windows from window world?
Mark440

I replaced all of my windows with American Craftsmen (subdivision of Andersen) from big orange. All of them have done just fine - with only one needing replacement. The glass in one half of the window has got some weirdo strange marks/handprints in it that have become more obvious over the years. I was able to give big orange the sizes i wanted...and a couple weeks later, I was installing new windows. Pricing was real good with final total being about $1100 for 13 windows.

I did single hung, double pane, eglass....and it cut my electric bill big time!
Opportunity has a shelf life.
spazatac

Mark440 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:23 pm I replaced all of my windows with American Craftsmen (subdivision of Andersen) from big orange. All of them have done just fine - with only one needing replacement. The glass in one half of the window has got some weirdo strange marks/handprints in it that have become more obvious over the years. I was able to give big orange the sizes i wanted...and a couple weeks later, I was installing new windows. Pricing was real good with final total being about $1100 for 13 windows.

I did single hung, double pane, eglass....and it cut my electric bill big time!
Wow that's really cheap..

big orange?

I think the mixed reviews I'm reading about window world is because the pay their installers less than all the other company's.. Because alside windows are known to be solid windows, I think..

My issue is Id like to have the exact rough opening size. Which limits me to Kinro Vinyl Windows or special order alsides from WW.

American Craftsmen doesn't have the size I need and I bet WW will be at least double what you paid..
Mark440

Big Orange has the stock sizes of American Craftsmen - but they can special order pretty much any size you want. I went to the store, sat down with a window guy...and was done in less than 30 minutes. They called about a week/10 days later and my windows were there for pickup.

I got windows with the nail fin. I unscrewed and pried the old aluminum single panes out...and the new ones absolutely slid right into to place. I did pack the backside of the fin with a overly generous amount of caulking - especially across the top - to make sure i had a good water/weather seal. To date...not a single leak anywhere.
Opportunity has a shelf life.