Should windows have gaps like this??

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

samantha_dahman

The windows on the outside have gaps like the picture all the way around the house. Is it possible for them to have those gaps and not leak? I havent seen windows put in like this before so it has me wondering if i might have a problem with leaks in the future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

I will say at the very least a poor installation. It may or may not leak depending on how well it was sealed. Since this is a new home I would do a complete inspection of everything. Look everywhere under cabinets, in closets, open & close every door & window. Check all outlets & switches. Make a list of all problems big & small and give a copy to the dealer and find out what they plan on doing. Again don't be afraid to go to the manufacturer.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Mark440

New home??? With junky work like this??? Those windows may not leak to the inside of the house - but they WILL leak behind that vinyl siding. Sooner or later - you are gonna end up with one heck of a mess - and a bill to fix it!

Push it all back to the dealer - and most probably in this case, the manufacturer. That is simply unacceptable work.
Opportunity has a shelf life.
samantha_dahman

Thank yall for the input..i will definitely take the advice. I didnt think this looked right.