windows sweating in the winter

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Blondi53

my single paned windows sweat a lot in the winter,water collects on the window sill and I have to dry it off, any ideas why this is happening, thanks
Greg

Condensation. most basic mobile home windows are JUNK. You need a better quality double pane window. The air between the 2 panes prevents condensation from forming.
I would look at a window upgrade if possible or at the very least shrink type plastic storm windows.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Mark440

If you think the sweat from those window3s is bad - you should see the heat escaping out those single pane windows. My place had the standard junk single pane windows. I replaced all of them via big Orange. They carry a brand that allows custom measurements - and no extra charge! All told, I believe it was about $11 or 1200 to replace all 11 windows. What happened next was truly wonderful: my electric bill went from about $400/ month during the winter...to about $225. In the summer, the savings are nearly as good. (From $225 to $150).

If, by chance you or your spouse are veterans - you can get immediate assistance to buy and install new windows. It would be an energy upgrade - and qualifies for assistance.
Opportunity has a shelf life.