??? "USED" TRAILER PRICE BOOK ???

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

DannyBob

:D

Hey, Y'all ...

I was having a 'haus guest', and we got to talking about ME selling out & moving closer to HER ...

thus ...

:?: is there a book, maybe similar to the "Kelly BLUE BOOK" for used Trailer prices :?: Obviously, were I to move-out, I'd like to sell this "Fabulous piece of TEXAS enginnering" for a reasonable price ...

*DANNYBOB
Seguin, Tx.

"LONE STAR" ... breakfast of Champeens ...
Maureen

Hi Dannybob,

As far as I know, I've never seen anything similar to the Kelly Blue Book for our homes. Unlike the auto market, the housing market really varies around the country! Heck, it varies in my area dramatically in a 50 mile radius of me.

Here's what I would do, either pick up your local newspaper, or go online to you local newspaper site. See what other homes in your area are selling for. Make sure that they are similar to your home and set up. If you have land with your home, you live in a park, you're home is on a foundation, all of these things come into play! Also look for homes that are in the same age bracket as yours.

I'm sure that others will be by with more ideas for you!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Mark
Site Admin

NADA has a book for manufactured home prices. For a fee, they can even send you a quote. Just go to nada.com.

Again, these books are just a rough guide for what your home could be worth. However, some lenders think of them as the bible when it comes to lending.

In many parts of the country, real estate prices are depressed. Here in South Dakota, it's totally opposite. A total sellers market here.

In the park I manage, you couldn't give away a mobile home 3 years ago. Now when they are put up for sale, they sell in 1-4 weeks. Crazy! I know of one doublewide in the Park that sold for $11,000 more than it was purchased for 8 years ago. It was a cash sale, so ya wonder if the buyer did need a loan, if it could have been gotten as the 'bible' valued it at much less. The market, however, dictated a higher price.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
Maureen

Yep, NADA used to be a good reference for our homes Mark! I didn't mention it for the simple reason that the housing market is going crazy right now!

Right now, so many people had ARM mortgages, got them in a nice stick built quick and easy, they're now drowning in debt!

In my area, mobiles are still holding their own also. Simple math there! We're also the only part of the county that will not be annexed into either city, Reno or Sparks! Taxes are lower, it's still 10 to 15 minutes to downtown in either city. Actually for me, it's prime real estate! Folks that had $500k homes are now discovering mobile home living out here! It's either that, or if they have no equity, they are now looking for rentals. It's a sink or swim market for those with ARM's!

NADA will tell you what your home is worth according the average market across the country. Still, the best bang for your buck is to research the housing in your area. It really varies right now. Like Mark said, you could possibly walk away with much more than you paid for it! It all depends on how much work you want to do, your area, and the condition of your home.

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Greg

Danny, as they said the book is nothing but a guide. You will only get as much as someone is willing to pay for it. Like Mark said prices are all over the place depending on where you live. Check the newspaper and look around to see what they are selling for in your area. One thing to remember, it is always easier to lower the price than it is to raise it. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Hi DannyBob

I have a retired friend named Joe that moved in with his girl friend and sold his MH on his own land. I asked him where he was going to live if it didn't work out. At the time he thought he would be together always. About 2 years later he says she turned into a control freak and he couldn't take it anymore.

Now he is looking for a place to live...and this time he'll have a mortgage 'cause he spent the money from the sale of his MH on the girl friend.

I hope you have better luck than my friend Joe.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?