HAHAHAHAHA - this is the laughter of insanity and plumbing

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

cnb

I am so happy I found this place. I have 1995 Fleetwood Weston and am trying to repair some things before it literally falls down around my ears. I have two major leaky things going on. The first is the cold water pipe for my kitchen sink which leaks at the fitting. Or coupling. Or whatever you call it. Do I have to replace the whole thing? Can I get a new coupling? Plumbers putty? blue glue? Molotov cocktail?

I have the same issue with my cold water connection to my washing machine. I'm looking for the most inexpensive way to do it, but I also want it to work.

Help would be so greatly appreciated and I will stop screaming in my pillow if I can get this figured out. I know it must be a very simple issue, but I've been at this so long I'm just burned out.

Thanks!
Maureen

Hi cnb, welcome to the forum!

Okay, exactly where is the leak? Is this the cold water intake up under the kitchen sink? That would be the cold water pipe that takes it up to the faucet. Or is the cold water side of the faucet leaking?

Same with the washing machine. Is the leak at the shut off valve or where it meets the washing machine?

All are pretty easy fixes!

More details are needed for the best answer!

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
altasnowman

Hi and welcome cnb
firstly what type of water lines do you have. if they are copper then it is a simple job of sweating on new fittings in kitchen. the washer line sounds like the tape is leaking and again simple job if its copper line of sweating on a new tap. But having said that it may be just a matter of tightening up connection in kitchen and on line for washer the same thing but only on the tap there should be a large nut just under the tap handle that you can tighten up. you can try that and see what happens, if plastic (grey) pipe is leaking you can try replacing line with PEX. Just my 2 cents worth.
The dirtyist word in the dictionary CANCER....it takes many too soon and leaves nothing but anger and pain. We all mourn the loss of those that have succummed to this......
Greg

Hi & welcome. I will make a few assumptions based on what I have seen. It sounds like it MAY just be leaking by the threads and needs to be tightened slightly. At worse the fitting may need to be changed. Based on the year of your home I would bet you have the grey poly tubing. There have been some problems with the crimp rings corroding and leaking in some cases.
Please stop crying in you pillow, You have found the worlds best support team for any of your mobile home problems, we WILL get you through it. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."