Steps for side door

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

backdrop001

My insurance is saying i have to get steps put in for my side door. It currently doesn't have any how much does something like that cost? I'm low budget so price matters
Greg

Home centers have the precut stair stringers so all you would need to do is attach them and add treads. You may need to add a handrail to meet code depending on height.
Should be able to do basic stairs for $50 -75 depending on your area.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

If you are asking what a contractor would charge to build these steps, it would be considerably more. here in California, the land of high prices, a contractor would need to build the steps, a landing a railing. The landing would have to be wide enough for an outswing door (if you have one) to open fully. You would want the door width, plus 1 1/2", for room for fingers. These could be built simply with pressure treated and standard lumber, or it could be built with 3/4" plywood, with carpet and railing,or this could be a redwood or Trex type material. Price range from a contractor would be in the range of $600 to $1800 or more, depending on the options and contractor chosen. Materials could range from $300 to $700, depending on the kind of steps and landing you choose. JMO
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

..... He really DOES exist!
JD, haven't seen you around lately.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."