Really Strange Ceiling

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

rockncountry101

This picture was taken shortly before the sun came up. If I take a picture of the same ceiling during the day it doesn't look like this. It's not sagging but it sure is an eye sore. What is this and what can be done about it? The ceiling has sort of a stomp down texture.
Picture.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

My first thought is a bad seam job from the factory. How is the roof? Ours started to show the trusses before I replaced the roof the trusses showed due to moisture so you may want to get a look at it and check it close.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
rockncountry101

Thanks for the reply Greg. This home is less than a year old so I'm working with the factory to get the problem resolved. This is what it looks like during the day. What do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

new home? that would take me back to a poor seam job from the factory. I would show them the picture and see what they have to offer.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
rockncountry101

Hey Greg. Thanks for the opinion. Turns out it was the right call. The factory didn't like the look either and they are going to sand it down and do a full re-tape and re-texture. I have another question but I have learned to stay on-topic so I will make another post.