Where to get bathroom exhaust fans

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mdnagel

I'm wanting to to get more powerful exhaust fans in our bathrooms. Looks like my only option, sans extensive work, is to replace with similar units. Currently installed are Ventline V2244 50 cfm units (7" ducting connection) WITH lights.

Bathrooms are about 50 sq-ft, which according to general guidelines, suggest a cfm of between 50 and 80: at 50 cfm we're on the low side. I figure 75 cfm would be the way to go, so am looking for Ventline V2244 75 cfm.

I see various units out there on the Internet but wonder about the validity of them- some list 100 cfm and some 90 cfm; it appears that 100 cfm is defunct; not that I'm wanting to go with these higher cfm units. Anyway...

Is there in fact V2244 75 cfm units that are direct drop-ins for my V2244 50 cfm units? Where is a reliable place to go to for these? (direct from the manufacturer it's something like $121, which is substantially more than I see at other places [which might just be old defunct listings?]).
Greg

If you have the size, Check home centers and see if one fits.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mdnagel

Unable to find any applicable candidates outside of the manufactured home ones. Ended up, after calling and talking to someone, ordering a couple of 75 cfm Ventlines from an Internet company that didn't charge an arm and a leg for shipping: unit pricing was also low (lowest?). Might not be the quietest, but installation should be quiet (no reason to curse as they will pretty much be direct drop-ins).