Help! Possible no tie downs, home seems quite unstable

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Theflyinggiraffe

Hi all!
I purchased a 1994 mobile home a couple of years ago. Previous owner was the only owner and did not do any maintenance. When my kids/dog walk around home, I can feel it shaking while in my bed. It drives me nuts. Yes, whole home shakes with spin cycle on washing machine. I had home leveled. I have started researching ways to stop the shaking and add more stability. It appears s though my home does not have any tie downs. I believe I am in Zone 1 for winds (mountains of Colorado).

Will tie downs help the shaking?
Any ideas on how to make my home more stable?
Do I need tie downs if my home has lasted since 1994 without?

Thank you!
Greg

If you are on your own land, below frost line piers will make a huge difference. Tie downs may help. I almost question the quality of the leveling job if you can feel people walking around.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Mark440

When I had my place re-leveled, I also had them install the Xi2 foundation stabilization system. I had them do all 4 corners - and any vibration is now gone.

At each corner - they dug a hole about 2ft x 2ft x 2ft, and then filled it with concrete. The re-level plus 4 of the retro fits was $3200.

Here's a link to a pdf on the Xi2

https://www.mobilehomepartspro.com/imag ... ncrete.pdf

FWIW - as I understand it - these stabilization kits will be required for VA/FHA financing now.
Opportunity has a shelf life.