1969 Marlett cracked/broken sewer pipe

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

gin.vandenberg

We own a 1969 Marlett that has been extremely well maintained. This is the first real problem we have had in 7 years but it's a biggie.. the sewer line/flange from the house to the park is broken or cracked. I was told it is called a Christmas tree because of the branches on it. I can't find any information on purchasing a new pipe, or any way to fix it. We plan to move the toilet when we fix this issue. Just turn it so it no longer faces the tub. I had been told this pipe should be part of the line from the base of the toilet.

Any info or help is more than appreciated.

Gin
Greg

Plumbing can be one of those areas that are either very simple or a major pain. Some municipalities will require permits and possibly a licensed plumber do the work. there are some areas that will require you to meet CURRENT codes instead of the codes from almost 50 years ago. You may want to ask around or check with the local codes officer to find out.

If you are going to fly under the radar you can buy replacement pipes & fittings at most any hardware or home store and glue them together. In most areas you will need to use ABS (black) plastic for waste lines. PVC pipe may not be approved.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."