Small bits of condensation on underbelly.

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

dsmnightmare

Hello,

I've been fixing some things under the house recently. Yesterday I found that my dryer vent was off and venting under the house. Tonight I went back down to check and make sure it's fine and it is. In the process I noticed that my skirting panels have small bits of sweat and there is a tiny bit of sweat on the underbelly around the outer edges. Note that we've had a lot of rain in this area so even though I have a grave floor under there it's still got ground moisture. Could the ground moisture and the freezing temps be causing this? What can I do to prevent it?
Greg

What do you have for ventilation? The general rule is 1sq/ft of vent per every 150sf/ft of floor space. If you have dirt under the home lay down heavy plastic sheets under the home to give you a moisture/vapor barrier

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
dsmnightmare

I have about six or seven panels of the skirting that is perforated down the center. I assume I need more? Also.. can this wait till spring or is this a dire situation?
dsmnightmare

Okay so last night in the middle of all this cold I laid down the first 20 or so feet of vapor barrier. Got up this morning and it's dry in that area... good start. Thanks Greg.
Greg

I think I would wait until warmer weather Most of us close the vents for the winter to keep it a little warmer under there.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."