Floor marriage line/seam question

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

hottpepper

Hello, I am a new, first time owner of a brand new double wide home. I am wondering if it's normal to not only see but also feel and have my carpet not lay flat over the marriage line. I am fairly certain my home was set up by an unlicensed crew. Before I raise too much hell, I'd like to know what normal is.
Already, I've had to have someone come out to connect the gas lines they failed to connect during setup and recently discovered they never properly vented my dryer. I'm trying to see if it's too much to ask for my floor to be level with an unnoticeable marriage line and have my carpet restretched. A photo, although it doesn't show it very well in evening lighting, it's much more obvious in the daylight.
Greg

The marriage line should be seamless. From what you are saying it was a bad installation / setup.
I would contact the installer and see they will make things right. If not I would start with the BBB and file a complaint and possibly contact the state and file a complaint.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Mark440

Who hired the crew? Are they 'employees' of the business that sold your home?

I would go the route of contacting them and giving them the opportunity to make it right. Have a 'hit list' ready for them - and make sure you are clear on your expectations.

Past that - if it all fails to yield satisfactory results - get an attorney. It may only take a letter from the attorney to get it done right. You just spent 50 - 60 - 70K on a new home, so $250 for an attorney may well be worth it. Do not accept sloppy work so that the business can save a few bucks on labor.
Opportunity has a shelf life.