Pier retroft

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Mark440

In the process of getting quotes for a re-level....and all three contractors have recommended doing a retrofit tht is now required for FHA financing (sell, purchase, or refi). As i understand it, there is a minimum of two large poured cement blocks (2' x 2' x 2') at diagonally opposing corners, with rigid strapping to secure it to the frame. I am in north Texas so really no worry about frost heave, or hurricans - but straight line winds can get wildly wicked. In my particular case - they are recommending all four corners be done due to the soil type.

Has anyone had this done? Is it a earnest 'investment' or just a money making sales pitch?

Additionally, I am ready to junk the plastic skirting for metal. All use a metal roofing panel - and i know there are several different types. Is there one type that works better than others?
Opportunity has a shelf life.
Greg

They may be referring to the diagonal brace system that clamps to the frame, one front and one rear. They installed them on ours when we moved out of the park onto our own land.

Metal skirting is the way to go, I used to have it, until I changed to insulated concrete.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Mark440

Greg - on your skirting, did you use a custom manufactured product to meet your sizing? Was this DIY? panels? etc? Links??

thanks !
Opportunity has a shelf life.
Greg

For the steel I bought 8' sheets and cut to fit. It was 100% DYI.

After we moved out of the park I found 4" insulated concrete panels that I now have. They were protective covers for a rubber roof on a large building.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10629&p=55511&hilit ... ing#p55511

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."