Edge of underfloor coming up under linoleum

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

MizFurball2u

I found only one video about this problem. First he had to find the joist(?) under the linoleum. I'm in a 14x66. Wouldn't the joists run 14 feet? The popping edge is in the 14 feet direction. Couldn't I just place screw about 3/4" inch from the edge that is popping? In the vid, he used a special type of screw. It had threads, then no threads, then more threads and a tiny head. Could I just use #8x3" galvanized bugle head deck screws? I could fill the hole in the lino with caulk. I am very able to disguise the caulk with paint.

Hope somebody can help me with this. My lino is not old and in great shape. Thanks.
Greg

You should be able to use a regular screw. My question would be why is it lifting? Can you step on raised area and push it back down?

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
MizFurball2u

When I step on it without shoes, it feels like it goes down. It is about 3 feet long and I can't see any movement of the part outside my foot. I have no idea, but I can tell you the floor has been squeaky for a long time. When the linoleum was put in about 7 years ago, I asked them to screw down the squeaky area, but apparently they did not. And I did check for any dampness at that time.
MizFurball2u

There are no water pipes in that area. They are about 4 feet away running parallel to the 66 feet. I did have a flood from the washer a year or so ago, but I was here and got it cleaned up fast and the upcoming edge is not hear a seam. It is one solid piece of lino.
Greg

I would try a few screws, about the worst that can happen is there is nothing there for them to bite into.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
MizFurball2u

That's true, Greg. LOL