Cross-over Duct

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

diyoldtimer

Where underneath the home is/are the cross-over ducts? Are they secured within the belly or are they easy enough to work with underneath? Want to get this done before the seasons change so that we are warm throughout the colder months. Any suggestion as to how the best way to tackle this work. Have very limited space underneath and it looks obvious enough that movement underneath makes it hard to turn your body. Is duct tape or steel tape a better product to use to secure the duct work?
Appreciate your help and experience. old timer
Greg

The crossover connects the two halves of the home, you will need to get under the home to find the duct. I should be easy to spot. I would use the heaviest duct you can find, keep it a short as possible with no kinks or sharp bends. If you can keep it off of the ground that will help keep critters out.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

I would recommend a stainless steel tie clamp. Looks like a hose clamp but huge. They will be right next to the duct product at your home store.

Then seal everything with an hvac approved duct tape. Usually quite thin and won't hold anything, but it seals very well and lasts a long time. Duck tape, gorilla tape and other tapes made of sweet forest creatures will tend to dry up and then fail.

Snicker
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.