The Remodel Is Going Strong

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

TomAllyn

So I found a great guy that has worked on Mobile Homes for 30 years to do 99% of the remodeling work on my Mobile Home. However, I'm doing a few things myself. Until recently I had never installed a Ceiling Fan and I was able to do it without a hitch. Actually, I replaced an existing one so it was really not difficult at all.

However, now I want to replace the fugly and cheap fluorescent light fixtures in my kitchen with one or more pendant lights. Before I purchase the pendants I would like to know if it is likely that there is a box in the ceiling for me to attach them to. The fluorescent fixtures are fixed to the ceiling. If there is no box just wires coming out of the ceiling and if I'm not lucky enough to find a rafter to screw a box to myself will I need to use one of those expanding support bars like are used for a ceiling fan?
Greg

All you can do is to drop the light down and get a look. There should be a box of some type, weather it is secured to anything or just has fingers extending behind the drywall is something you will need to check.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."