Mobile Home Attic Ventilation

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

MandMLawson

I have a mobile home built in 1994. It is 75' x 16' with an add-on that juts out the back 12'.

I have concerns about how well the attic was ventilated. There are four low profile vents on the roof. In the image below the red one vents the bathroom, the yellow one vents the kitchen stove hood and the two blue ones (one in front and one in back where you cannot see it) vent the attic. Past that, there is a small (maybe 12" diameter) gable vent at the far other end of the house. There isn't a sofit/fascia so the only air intake is the gable vent.
ventilation.jpg
I am redoing the roof and want to redo the ventilation properly. I was planning on placing three turbine vents on the roof as shown in the picture below (yellow circles).
ventilation_placement.png
Is this adequate for exiting hot air?

How do I go about increasing air intake? I was considering either adding gable vents (red circles; north one is already present). Is this adequate? If so, what size? Would I need a vent fan on one or more of them to increase flow?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim from Canada

See my reply in your other thread.
Greg

Since you are redoing the roof, you could add a soffit and vent from under the overhang with a ridge vent at the top. there is really no good way to vent a factory system. I think you will find that a gable system will not work well since the space is not that large, but anything is better than nothing.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."