A.J. Manufacturing door replacement

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

diddypc

Has anyone here bought a door from A.J. Manufacturing? I bought one 3 years ago, and it has leaked water inside like crazy. Ive reinstalled it 3 times. The threshold slants inward and that's the problem I believe. They tell me that's a requirement for wheelchair accessibility. I seriously doubt that as regular doors aren't built to that requirement. Anyways they've sent me door sweeps and weatherstripping pads which has not helped at all. They insist nothings wrong with the door of course. Long story short, I can't buy from them again.

Any suggestions for another manufacturer?
Greg

Since I am not there to see it, are you sure it it the door? Is there a covered porch or deck there that could be leaking? I would eliminate other possibilities first before replacing the door again. Water does strange things once it gets behind a wall or roof.
My brother used to do construction and had a call for a leak at a bowling alley, he chased a leak almost 50' from where it entered the roof to where it dripped on the alley.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
diddypc

Ya, I took the whole wall apart. Its all coming from the bottom of the door. I did that 3 times and had to replace a section of the floor because of the leaking. Now the floors needing replaced again ugh. Pretty frustrated.
Greg

So is the leak between the door bottom & threshold or coming under the threshold? Some thresholds are adjustable, If your's is the adjusters are usually under the seal.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."