Cleaning Shower Stall

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mobtek

I installed a shower stall a few years ago, two-piece, plastic of course.

The floor has become stained (dirty feet :lol: ) and I am looking for a good way to get it clean again. I don't want to use anything abrasive or harsh to the plastic. I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions?
1989 Fuqua SW
mcabrown

Baking soda and vinegar, my husband is a welder and the dirt that piles up on ours is pretty rough. I sprinkle baking soda all over the floor and then use a spray bottle to spray the vinegar over top. Let it bubble and sit for like 15 minutes, lightly scrub with a brush and wash away. That should help! It also helps with any smells, mildew, etc. I also use this for cleaning the drain out, dump down some baking soda, followed by some vinegar...works like a charm.
mobtek

Sounds like that's worth a try. I also use it for drains, never thought about cleaning with it.

May also try some "Krud Kutter" if the vinegar doesn't work.

Thanks!
1989 Fuqua SW
mobtek

Well, the baking soda and vinegar didn't do anything.

:-(
1989 Fuqua SW
Mark440

So far, it hasn't done anything noticeable to the plastic - but I use the purple de-greaser stuff from ZAP. The heavy duty stuff.
I dilute it into a spray bottle, spray it down, give it a brush/scrub down, rinse...and be done.
Opportunity has a shelf life.
Jim from Canada

My wife puts toilet cleaner on ours. Works well, just let it sit for a bit and rinse it away.