We have a new owner!

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mhrAJ333

Hello Everyone,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is AJ and I am the new owner of MobileHomeRepair.com. For those of you who know the former owner, Mark, he will still be involved and partnered with me as we move forward. Mark has taken on some new opportunities in his life and after 20 great years with mobilehomerepair.com, wanted to make sure that it continues to be the best resource for mobile home owners for another 20 years.

That is where I come in. I have experience with DIY, contracting, RV's, and web development. Hopefully, the perfect combination to improve mobilehomerepair.com, make it more enjoyable for existing members and attract new people to the community.

In the coming weeks, long time supporters of mobilehomerepair.com and I will begin to complete a site update and facelift that seems to have been started several years ago with this post.

My ask of you is to submit your updated ideas as we invest in the future of mobilehomerepair.com. Of course, I cannot promise that every request will be implemented, but every idea is appreciated and will be strongly considered. Our initial focus is improving what we already have. For example making the entire site easier to use on mobile devices and tablets. We also will update the design so its easier to read and navigate. But, over the long term we will begin to add in new functionality so we want to hear your ideas on that as well.

To summarize:

1. Please submit ideas on how we can improve mobilehomerepair.com (ideas on the main site as well as the forum are welcome)
2. Please submit any functionality that is broken or not working properly so that we can work to fix it.

Thank you all so much for being a part of this wonderful community. I truly believe the best days are ahead and I am excited to work with each of you to make mobilehomerepair.com the best resource on the web.

Looking forward to your replies,
JD
Site Admin

Hello and welcome AJ. I am looking forward to the changes in the forum. I used to spend quite a bit of time here every day, when there was more traffic. In the last couple or more years I have been heavily involved in another passion of mine. It seems like Greg and other users have done a fine job but if I can help, please contact me through registration info. My mobilehomerepair.com email address no longer works.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

AJ & I talked for an hour on the phone, He has some good ideas and plans stick around. As he said it will take some time to get things back. I was some of the new designs for the site and it looks good. He also wants to make it more user friendly and easier add photos. Other suggestions & ideas are needed & welcomed.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Jim from Canada

Well, best of luck to you and to Mark and Lise on their future as well.
mhrAJ333

JD wrote:Hello and welcome AJ. I am looking forward to the changes in the forum. I used to spend quite a bit of time here every day, when there was more traffic. In the last couple or more years I have been heavily involved in another passion of mine. It seems like Greg and other users have done a fine job but if I can help, please contact me through registration info. My mobilehomerepair.com email address no longer works.

JD

Thank you JD. Greg had some very nice things to say about you. I am not sure what it cost you but it seems to have worked!
crackur

Welcome and its nice to see this valuable site to continue!
m5online

Awesome upgrade to the forum's. One suggestion is to have a sub-forum for "before's" and "after's". It would be great to have a central section for people to showcase improvements they've made!

Also, mobilehomeliving.org is another great site focused on mobile homes, perhaps some kind of awareness exchange with them would help drive fresh traffic.

Thanks for taking on the big task! Web developer for many years and its always nice to see an "ol reliable" site get a fresh look. Looking forward to seeing new things!
Mark440

My only comment is:
why do websites always deploy the annoying facebook popups?
I despise facebook - and would never trust the site with any data.
Opportunity has a shelf life.
memorymomma

Welcome and thank you for continuing this wonderful resource. As a single woman and full time employee I prefer to research my DYI project before delving in. The site has been invaluable in the past and I look forward to it helping me along in the future. I hope my mistakes will help others not follow in my same tracks. Again, thanks and welcome aboard.
waitingtohear

my 2 cents is:

once a visitor chooses the main topic to review such as "REPAIRS", there should then be categories listed, each with their own sub-topics so it's easier and faster to find what a visitor is looking to read about.

Example: I want to read up on questions and answers about "skirting". So I would go to the "REPAIRS" main topic, then go to the "SKIRTING" sub-folder. More examples of organizing topics: Repairs\Floors\ would then lead you to a sub-sub-folder of: subflloors, underlayments etc. etc.

Right now, its just all one long list based on date of postings. Searching is ok to do, but the site would look cleaner and visually easier to find information with a folder tree flow...
Mark
Site Admin

waitingtohear wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:29 pm my 2 cents is:

once a visitor chooses the main topic to review such as "REPAIRS", there should then be categories listed, each with their own sub-topics so it's easier and faster to find what a visitor is looking to read about.

Example: I want to read up on questions and answers about "skirting". So I would go to the "REPAIRS" main topic, then go to the "SKIRTING" sub-folder. More examples of organizing topics: Repairs\Floors\ would then lead you to a sub-sub-folder of: subflloors, underlayments etc. etc.

Right now, its just all one long list based on date of postings. Searching is ok to do, but the site would look cleaner and visually easier to find information with a folder tree flow...
Thank you for the suggestion. I don't think that we disagree at all on how that would improve navigation. As with many things, it is likely easier said than done. I will look into it and see how feasible it is to reorganize topics like that. Thanks!
You can't fail if you don't try!