Versaroc

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Anyone ever heard of a product named Versaroc? if so would you recommend for ceiling tile replacement use, or would this be too heavy. The rep said the 1/2 is about 3pds per sq ft.

http://architecturalproducts.com/versaroc.html

I posted a link to the product I mentioned above.
JD
Site Admin

Yeah, that would be way too heavy for ceiling use. Might make good skirting though. It is also available in 4x10 & 4x8. So unless you have a 10 wide, it might look pretty funky installed.

There is mold resistant sheetrock, which would offer the only beneficial property of the versaroc panels.

JMO

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
altasnowman

HI Jim G,
Yes have heard about versaroc and like JD says and i agree too heavy for ceiling but great for skirting. Better to use mold resistant Sheetrock, or if your are looking for the rustic look you could use t&g pine slats.
The dirtyist word in the dictionary CANCER....it takes many too soon and leaves nothing but anger and pain. We all mourn the loss of those that have succummed to this......