Steel Building Insulation under a MH?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

floodedout

Hey guys, new here. I live in the Louisiana area that was just hit with a 1000 year flood. I lost my home, but my mother was very fortunate that the water stopped 1" from coming in her MH. All the insulation was completely soaked and I had to remove it. A huge mess indeed. I replaced all the flex duct and the trunk line was dried out. Now, I need to figure out how to insulate under the home again. There are pipes and things hanging down everywhere. It isn't going to be easy.

I had a crazy idea that I want to run by you all here. The best solution that I can come up with is to put vinyl backed fiberglass insulation like what is used in metal buildings. The rolls are 6' wide, so I would have to run strips across the width of the home and tape the seams together. This would give me the insulation and the vapor barrier in one sweep. Of course, I will need some 1x2's to hold it in place between the frame rails. I think this will give me the "blanket" effect that came on the home originally. The home is on a slab with no real problem with freezing in the winter. My main focus is to make sure the trunk line stays insulated to help AC performance. It is still hot here. Thanks. (After I get this work done, I can get a 8-10 guys to carry the front porch back to the house. It floated off until it was tied up by the Cajun Navy!)
Holegrain

Have no idea about insulation, but had to laugh at your porch floating away, ours did the same thing in March (Sabine). I wondered where the heck it went, we found it out in the woods, just burned it where it was lol