Need to replace the back door

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

AlabamaRealtor

Hi. I'm sure you have already found your answer especially if you called AshvilleMobileHomes.Com. They are great! I live about 10 minutes from them and they are the only ones that can answer my questions. Anyway if anyone else may read this and need the answer to "How to measure a Door" then here is the answer I found. Open your door and measure only the door from left to right and again from top to bottom. If the door measures 32" x 75" then your door is a 34 x 76. When looking at the door from the outside and the hinges are on the left and the handle is on the right, this is a left hand door. Always add 2" to the width measurement and 1" to the length measurement. I hope this will help someone eventually. Thanks
wayne

I just replaced my storm door in the front and the width was the same as a regular house door but the height was shorter on my MH door. I removed the siding around the door and then removed the aluminum brick molding and then put new brick molding to match the new door size. It was a lot of work but I got a really nice door for less money. A lot more labor but I didn't have to pay for that.
Wayne
Sylvia

We replaced all our exterior doors (and windows) with ones from Lowes and Menards as well. Our energy bills dropped by at least half. Not only that, they are bigger and we don't have to struggle to get large items like furniture and appliances in and out. AND they were less expensive to boot.