1973 mobile home Arizona

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Craigrrr

I have been looking for a mobile home in Mesa AZ for a while now, this is the 3rd one that seems like it will fit our needs. The day we looked at it and made an offer everything was good, went back over today to meet with the agent and there was a bad wet musty odor in the home. It seemed as I was not breathing well while inside. turned on the ac and the odor was going away,or we were getting used to the smell. The last rain we had was about 4 days ago. this is a ground set or pit set home. Looking underneath at a vent / crawlspace ( only see one at one end would think there would be two for cross ventilation)that would be to small to crawl in. was dry. there was no underbelly material you can see the insulation and floor joist.

Another thing that seemed odd to me but maybe it is done this way was the cold air return ducts are registers in the floor. the ac and heat ducts are in the ceiling there is a asphalt shingle roof over the whole thing and do not see any access to the ceiling if need to repair ductwork.

any advice is appreciated
Greg

The musty smell may or may not be caused by lack of ventilation under the home,

As for the heating layout some homes do use that system, not real common in the East.

check this before buying a home.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=863

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Craigrrr

I was told it was vacant for 3 months , but the neighbors told me they had people doing work in there so it must not have been totally closed up for those 3 months. Thanks for the link btw.