1971 Crest Craft MH worth? never heard of it

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Craigrrr

My wife found this older home that has been re plumbed in copper and updated electric service
permitted addition making it a 1449 sq ft home ground set. Has a built over roof , owner states on the spds sheet they had hail damage in 1996 and got it roofed like that cause they loved the home.
It has been vacant for 5 months now as the husband passed away . Now the wife wants to sell it and out here it has to be a cash deal, I guess that is probably anywhere since the age is old.

This has some big honking air ducts in each room in the ceiling so I am guessing there must be a lot of insulation of there as the home is maintaining 77* IN 110* heat we have here.

IS a Crest Craft a good older home? and this comes with the land in a 55 community Golf Course view and every amenity you could think of . at 57 bucks a month hoa fee.

What would a fair offer be , ?
Greg

That is what is known as a pre HUD home. In the mid 80's HUD got involved in making standards for mobile homes. Prior to that there were hundreds of manufacturers, many were very well made most regional. Once the government got involved many manufactures closed their doors rather than deal with the paperwork even though some far exceeded the requirements.

The fact that the home is pushing 50 should tell you something. There is a sticky post here for things to look for when buying a home.

as for price, it is what ever the market will bear. Around here anything livable is worth at least $6000.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Craigrrr

The going price around here is 85k A vacant piece of land is 69k I spoke with a realtor friend of mine out here he told me the area that this is in and golf course is a great place it should sell over 75k I kept telling him its a 71 did not seem to matter
Norm Frechette

Craigrrr

That's the one
Craigrrr

Norm , you must be a snowbird :)
Greg

The lawn needs some attention. :lol:

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Craigrrr

Yeah, its a dry heat, LOL grass turned to stone.

Here are the ones for sale around it
http://www.zillow.com/apache-wells-mesa-az/