Buying a Single wide in Mesa AZ and found

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Craigrrr

I was told today that the septic tank might be under a slab of concrete , cause when the inspectors came out to check it and possibly pump it they could not find the inspection ports and are guessing it is under the slab , they will have to cut open the slab and check. This is an Arizona room that was added to the singlewide. Any tips Oh the mobile is a 1998 cavco with bay window and 2 bd room 2 bath if that matters
thanks
Greg

I would doubt the tank is under the slab. My guess would be the top is in the yard just under the grass. If there is a vent in the yard I would check in that area for the tank.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Craigrrr

I was told the slab must have been poured over the top because the lids were covered up, I just cant see how they could do this if they dug any bit of a foundation
Norm Frechette

can you open up the skirting and see where the sewage lines go?

i know where my tank is. it looks like i buried someone in the yard :D

Craigrrr

No skirting, it is a ground set or pit set as they are called. Maybe about a foot of crawlspace underneath. I have been reading these horror stories of tanks covered and not a permit to build there. etc.. I am new to the wonderful world of septic systems. Learning fast and hard