Lots of questions

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

orrkathya

I recently decided to paint my master bedroom and bathroom. It of course turned into a bigger project than that. In the bedroom a section of the wall was warped from some water damage that was repaired previously and apparently due to the printed paneling they decided to leave the wall once the leak was fixed. After replacing some of the studs and paneling I removed the batons and mudded the seams. I also scraped the popcorn ceiling. I then painted. It turned out beautifully for someone with absolutely no experience. So I moved on to my bathroom. Once I again I removed the batons, mudded the seams and scraped the ceiling. I kind of worked around my shower because I have a crack in the shower pan and the floor needs to be repaired. I don't know where to begin. I can't even figure out how to remove to shower door. I did however remove the wall above the shower door thinking it had no purpose but there is some sort metal tongue sticking out of the wall beside the shower (also the wall were it marries) and the little wall I removed was covering it up. I don't know if I need to put the wall back. As far as getting the shower pan out I can't get the plastic rivets that hold the walls on out. I've tried cutting them and drilling them with no luck. Can someone please lead me in the right direction. Thanks.
Greg

Hi & Welcome. Your best bet would be to plan on a TOTAL makeover. I would plan on new enclosure, pan and as long as you are at it (and I'm spending YOUR money) new faucet and shower head. You should also plan on a new subfloor under the pan, if it has been leaking very long you may have a mold problem starting also. The only way to know for sure is to open everything up.

If you can post some pictures we can get a better idea of what you are up against.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
cajunla83

The shower pan has to have the drain disconnected from the underside.

Once that's loose just rip the sucker out.