GUTTERS

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

buffee

As we all know, most OLDER mobile homes have gutters that only a small child's hand will fit in. Mine are so...............small. Will gutter guards/screen help with the leaves. The &*^% trees belong to the neighbor and she is unwilling to TOP the trees so they hang in my gutters. My contractor is adding more downspouts but he mentioned some kind of screening to help KEEP her leaves out. I tried googling it but couldn't find a reference to mobile homes. I would appreciate any input. Thanks
Greg

Most of the older mobiles used nothing more than rolled sheet metal. You could install full size gutters with out much problem.

In most states you have the right as a landowner to trim any tree that over laps your property, your property extends from earth to sky. If the branches are in your gutters or on your roof you have every right to trim them. You should try to work with her, rather than just start hacking away. A proper trim job will require working on her property rather than just cutting branches at the property line.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Norm Frechette

i put these in the mini gutters on my dads mobile home. works great! made of spongy mesh. water goes through leaves dont

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rain-Filter- ... /203009078