1990 Patriot

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

waywardson67

Greetings and Salutations to everyone.

I have purchased a 1990 patriot mobile home that was remodeled by the previous owner I have been following some of the threads on this site and found much useful information however other than personal touches and routine maintenance I forsee no major issues.
The previous owner has clad the kitchen, living room and hallway with wood car siding which adds a rustic touch to the home as well as hand made trim work that was made from 1x4 lumber that was handworked to look old.
The floors in the living room, hallway and main bedroom are laminate wood flooring the bath 2nd bedroom and kitchen has vinyl flooring.
The kitchen cabinets have handmade doors on them which adds to the rustic feel also the washer dryer closet is located in the kitchen alongside a pantry that is very spacious.
The best part is the deck on the front that is 15x20 and is very appealing as it has been handworked to look rustic as well.
The underpinning will need some work but as we are headed into winter it will suffice for now then I will begin the process of repairing the surface patches that the previous owner has made I am planning on replacing the top rail as well as some panels and placing stakes behind the bottom tracks this spring as it has been pushed in in places and looking into prices on metal siding for the underpinning as it will be more durable.
Well that is all that I have for now.
Greg

Hi & welcome. Steel is the way to go. It is weedeater proof and if a critter chews through it you have a REAL problem. Just remember to allow for ventilation.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
waywardson67

Thank you Greg I have figured out the ventilation required will be 8.4 vents for my 14x60 so I am figuring that 3 vents per side and 1 vent on each end should suffice.
I am planning on staggering the vents on each side so as to prevent cross drafting which would defeat the purpose of vents I am also thinking about selecting vents that can be closed during extreme cold temps to prevent freeze.
Anything I am missing please feel fee to point them out.
Greg

The general rule is 1 sq ft. of vent per 100 sq ft. of floor space. I used removable screen panels during warm weather and just pulled them & sealed things up for the winter.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."