Plumbing

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Linda

Is there anyway to connect poly to pvc. I can find poly to cpvc but not to pvc. I can find poly to pex but not pex to pvc. Even if the answer is no would someone please at least tell me no. Thank you. Linda
JD
Site Admin

Your poly to cpvc should work fine for pvc if you use a mulit-purpose cement as shown in the image. CPVC is suitable for water coming out your house faucets. PVC is for garden hose bibs or other non-potable water use. This cement may be approved by a building inspector, but I have found that it woks fine.

Also, Gatorbite push fittings will work on gray PB pipe. You can get one that goes to pipe thread, and then use the appropriate pvc fitting to match up.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
HouseMedic

Like JD said about the pipping, but if you are going to use the PVC for your water lines you should use CPVC not PVC. Better yet go to PEX.

Ron