How to measure bathroom sink

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

terrifromohio

I want to replace the plastic sinks in my back bathroom. I own a 1989 Fleming. They are the oval plastic yellow, awful. I tried to measure up top and came up with a weird measurement of like 19 by 16? It is the drop down sink type. How are these measured? It seems like 20 by 17 seems standard for a mobile home.
Also went to order from one place online and went to checkout, 51.00 shipping. Any ideas where to get these sinks? I need two, I do not want plastic again.
1987Commodore

Take a picture of the sink from top and underneath. Measure the size of the current cutout in the counter. Take photos and measurements to your local home/hardware store. They can get you something that will fit. You may have to enlarge the cutout.
Norm Frechette

https://www.google.com/search?q=bathroo ... c-Ch0qxAd2

measure your existing sinks length and width as shown in the various illustrations in the link above

dont pay crazy shipping. go to your local big box hardware store. they will have what you need
terrifromohio

I found the sinks at Lowes. They were about 40.00 a piece. They are 20 by 17. I bought the porcelain ones. Pretty good replacement for the crappy plastic ones that came out.
Greg

Try to get an idea of how much bigger you can go. It is always easier to go slightly larger if you need to.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."