manufactured home insurance

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Koda1969

Hi!
While not necessarily falling under the umbrella of repair, was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on insurance for manufactured homes? I have my primary home and my mother's. We had American Modern (that was included in our mortgage) then last year when my mother had hail damage, the adjuster was a jerk and paid nothing (we had to pay to repair). When I did a search, I found a lot of terrible reviews on them.

I went to State Farm and switched my car and home to them, then two days later they called to say they couldn't cover the homes because of my claim last year (arrgh, they cashed my check!). So, now I'm stuck trying to find a new policy. I spoke with someone from Foremost who said they could write the policy, but I'm seeing mixed reviews on them. I also contacted Allstate, but the agent told me that (honestly) their policies would not be worth it or really be a good product for me.

So, am curious if anyone has any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Greg

I would make some calls. Mobile insurance can be tough. Bundle with your autos to get the best rates. I had Allstate with no problems (other than the agent) and State farm. I haven't had any claims so there is no problems there. Remember that the companies "Talk" to each other.

Check reviews on line, but take them with a grain of salt.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
AbbottsManor

I have Foremost. We had a water damage claim from a broken water line 10 years ago. They couldn't have been any better. Sent out a restoration team to prevent mold, adjuster came right away, paid everything immediately, even paid us for the electricity to run the 2 huge fans to dry out the bathroom.

Chris
Norm Frechette

Foremost for me too. No claims as yet
terrifromohio

I have Grange, had Progressive which was double the price. Just went to Grange this year. I have a 1989 Fleming mobile home and they covered it with no problem. The insurance agent said it was cheaper than Foremost and a better policy.
Norm Frechette

grange appears to be only regional but unfortunately not in my region :(
spc13b2005

A friend has Assurant mobile home insurance. You can see what they say. https://w2-msp.assurant.com/as/mh/index.jsp

You can also find a list of companies here: MANUFACTURED & MOBILE HOME INSURANCE: OVERVIEW ON COVERAGE, RATES, QUOTES, TIPS, COMPANIES