New Shower Head

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

opinion free

So according to some government study, 50% of chlorine exposure occurs in the shower. To combat this I bought a fancy shower head. Unfortunately, the shower head is so big, the highest part of my body the water hits is my navel. Showering on my knees is out.
To fix the problem I bought a fancy shower arm to attach the fancy shower head to.

Problem: I can't get the shower arm centered. I can't even explain it correctly. I need the shower arm to stand up straight ( say 12 o'clock ) The problem is the attachment point is fixed and no matter how many times I've attached it, I can't even get it to 2 or 10 o'clock. Someone must know a trick to get the arm to attach in such a way that it stands up straight (12 o'clock). The shower head is so heavy even at 2 or 10 o'clock, it wouldn't be stable. I hope someone can understand this and has a solution.
Thanks.
Dave
Greg

can you post a picture or two??
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
opinion free

Hey Greg,
this is the shower arm. Now picture the shower arm must stand at 12o'clock. The problem: the part that attaches to the water line that comes through the wall to the shower arm. Both are fixed nuts, so when screwing it on, I can't adjust it.
They make a dual threaded or threaded adjustment something that is basically 2 nuts that act independently to tighten and adjust.
Looking at the picture should help.
Thanks
61Kwy0wEldL._SL1500_[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
opinion free

I found someone else asking the same question but in a more technically accurate way.

Is the female end (nut end) free spinning? - Can you tighten it onto the existing pipe (shower arm) without spinning the whole extension arm?

A:

No - it is not free spinning - you need to spin the whole arm to tighten the arm to the existing pipe.

That's the problem you can't know where to attach it so it stands up straight.
opinion free

Something like one of these but in shower plumbing size. They act independently to attach and adjust.
098268623932[1].jpg
098268623932[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
opinion free

Problem solved: 6 wraps of Teflon tape and 2 - O rings and it stands up straight and proud.
0614151116 (1).jpg
HouseMedic

Glad you got it. I was going to say to put a washer from a garden hose in the end.