Installing New Waterlines

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

jpingram5

Looks really good! Glad you liked the manifold concept. One thing though, you should really use copper or plastic clamps to clamp that copper manifold. Using other metals like steel against copper can cause it to wear fast. I forget the technical term for it but you should use copper coated, copper or plastic.
2009 Skyline Sunwood Premier 14 x 80
JD
Site Admin

With the exception of the automotive hose clamps starting the PEx, everything is looking real good. If those clamps are connecting to black polyethylene pipe, I feel your pain. I was unable to locate repair parts for that stuff the one time I had to deal with it.

I need to say that I don't know if stainless clamps are better is a freeze area as the only freeze area I am ever around is where I keep my ice cream. I do agree with your comments on the engineering of the SS clamps, but I have never seen data that says they are better or worse than copper crimps. I think both methods are very effective.

Nice work, Hillsteader!
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.