Converting Corner Tub to Shower

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

clilly8781

Hello all this is my first post but have been reading and notice the knowledge is great.

I am converting my corner tub to a shower/tub combo and turning my shower into a linen closet. I have been able to locate multiple post that say people have done this but I haven't been able to find any details on how to add the shower to the existing tub. I am pretty good at plumbing when I know what I need to do but I just cant picture how it should go.

Looking online the only options I have found are around $300 which I dont have to spend.

Can someone please help in explaining to me what modifications i need to make to add a hand shower or rain shower to this unit.

I also understand I will need to make sure the walls are waterproof my plan is to use corrugated steel which I have found on pinterest.

I have attached pictures of what my current tub looks like.
20150305_213908.jpg
20150305_213921.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greg

Ok so if I understand your plan you are going to use the existing tub and add a shower head?

You will need a faucet with a deverter valve or possibly add a second faucet for just the shower. I would see if you can find a shower surround that would fit the walls rather than steel. It would be much easier to work with.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
1987Commodore

It looks like your tub is plastic. Make sure it is adequately supported underneath to withstand any flexing from standing, particularly around the drain, so cracks don't develop.
Norm Frechette

why not keep the shower and turn the tub area into the linen closet?

http://www.wrightstuff.biz/haheposh.html